RT Board: Spambot protection and new user registration...

Introduce yourself, off-topic discussion, chill...
OG Don Vito

RT Board: Spambot protection and new user registration...

Post by OG Don Vito » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:55 am

Hey registered members and guests/potential would-be registered members,

Being that it has been a minute since I last had the opportunity to observe firsthand the ways of mass automated user registration and posting algorithms for the purposes of promotional advertisement (i.e., spam-bot posting), I have taken the past few months to carefully log, review, and observe current trend patterns in order to come up with the best possible solution. That said, I have now customized and formally implemented a software solution that, while being invisible on the user-side for the most part, will curb future automated spamming on the board here. However, as is often the case, security comes with potential cost... specifically there now exists the chance of the board software falsely ID'ing a legit would-be new member as a spammer and thus banishing their IP into the most remote regions of the web and beyond before they have the opportunity to create post 1. So as a general public rule... any RT.org issues concerning registering/posting/not-being-IP-banned can be routed my way directly: ogdonvito@gmail.com