Rhyme Torrents 1VS1 2021 Rap Battle (CASH PRIZE!)

Introduce yourself, off-topic discussion, chill...
MisterFiveStars

Rhyme Torrents 1VS1 2021 Rap Battle (CASH PRIZE!)

Post by MisterFiveStars » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:09 pm

I am hosting the Rhyme Torrents 1VS1 2021 rap battle tournament
to help bring more new members keep the forum active and give us something to do.

If you would like to register it is free to do so, simply email me a face picture to davidblakemercer@gmail.com and make a post as confirmation.

GRAND PRIZE IS $150, 2nd place is $50 and 3rd is $25
It shall be paid to you via cash app or similar app.
Simple rules round by round up the brackets, winner advances.
The 3 Referees shall be me and Don Vito and a Surprise guest.
Scores are like boxing and who ever has the most points out of the 3 of us advances.
Instrumentals shall be provided to the contestants per round and each round is 48 Hours.
Each pair in the battle shall have a different instrumental chosen at random.
(If you want to submit instrumentals or cover art for the contest contact me)
Contestants must write 32 lines each song and submitted on time.
Anyone who fails to submit their song in the allotted time counts as throwing in the towel
automatically advancing the opponent to the next round.
Perfect if you rap and record and have some free time through out the week
Be committed to the contest, it is 32 bars every 48 hours for 7 days straight.
If you register you agree to participate until you lose or win the whole contest.
Don't drop out it counts as a bye and you are lame and need to heal if you do that.

Brackets for example would be like:
ROUND #1 MONDAY 12:00AM MIDNIGHT
a VS b
c VS d
e VS f
g VS h

ROUND #2 WEDNESDAY (SEMIFINALS) 12:00AM MIDNIGHT
b VS d
e VS h

ROUND #3 FRIDAY (FINALS) 12:00AM MIDNIGHT
d VS e

MONDAY 12:00AM MIDNIGHT WINNER ANNOUNCED!
ONCE DECIDED WINNER SHALL BE DECLARED AND CONTACTED AND RECIEVE $150 VIA CASH APP* AND BE THE MAIN FOCUS OF THE ALBUM COVER AND BE FEATURED FOR AN EXCLUSIVE SQUISH SQUASH SQUAD PODCAST INTERVIEW AND WOULD BE THE CHAMP FOR THE NEXT RAP BATTLE HOPEFULLY.

No direct slander, no blatant plagiarism, nothing that can cause copyright infringement, lawsuits ect. come on now.
Scores are based on quality, lyrical content, flow and delivery. Cursing is filler not points, try to be clever and witty.

No entry fee is required all you must do is submit a picture of yourself, have a name for the credits and make your submissions on time.
The instrumental for the rounds are released and sent at midnight and you have 48 hours to write 32 lines, record and submit the track.
If for some odd reason and God forbid if an emergency occurs and it can be proved then the dateline shall be extended an extra 24 hours max.
If you want to donate any instrumentals or are participating in the contest all material you submit gives me permission to freely use it in the contest, advertisement and anything else relating to the tournament, once it is finished an album with all the tracks will be released on bandcamp, YouTube and other social media.

Everyone shall be credited who participates in the mentioned contest so even if you don't win THE GRAND PRIZE you still win free advertisement.

Once I have 8 entrants officially confirmed for the contest it shall start the following Monday and will be covered entirely on RT.
If you want to participate and/or know anyone who does reply immediately. Lord willing we all shall have an awesome contest and be saved :-)
I plan on posting again once all 8 members confirm that they are participating and double check for more before everything starts.

*or some other direct deposit method such as pay pal or venmo etc.

Make all submissions to davidblakemercer@gmail.com
Last edited by MisterFiveStars on Fri May 14, 2021 7:38 pm, edited 10 times in total.
@davidblakemercer
mercer.bandcamp.com
@thesquishsquashsquad

Jesus Christ is the Lord. -KJV1611
Nuffsaid

Re: Rhyme Torrents Rap Battle Tournament (CASH PRIZE!)

Post by Nuffsaid » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:02 pm

Hey everybody! My name is Nuffsaid. I am half of the hip hop duo Mass Defect. I will be participating in the tournament. Good luck to everyone. This is going to be fun!